Saturday 24 March 2012

How Old Is Kinnley? 1 YEAR!

Well, it's official. Kinnley is a year old. My mom taught her a couple days before her birthday how to stick up her index finger when asked, "How old is Kinnley?" She's so smart what can I say ;) Needless to say, when I woke up yesterday I just couldn't believe that I have a 1 year old! So I spent the day prepping for her party (a few friends and family over). We had mini fruit pizzas that I got the idea from Pinterest (I made my own kind of icing for them instead of what was on Pinterest and it was so yummy! I just combined instant lemon pudding powder and whipping cream). As well we had chips, liquorice, baby treats for her friends and lastly The Very Hungry Caterpillar Cake (mint chocolate style). I was a little nervous about the cake because it was my first time ever making a cake (crazy I know) and of course first time for a child! But I think I did a good job. Again, so grateful for Pinterest and a Mom who I can get advice from in the cooking department.

ANYWAY, let me just say that Kinnley DESTROYED her cupcake and didn't waste any time. As soon as she saw a cupcake in view, it's like she knew it was destined for her. Overall, it was fun just visiting and being social for a change. Kinnley got spoiled with gifts (won't be needing anything for a WHILE). She also had a  rematch race (they raced at Greyson's birthday party) with Greyson Comfort, Bode Steed, and Sophie Innis (my niece). Greyson was so close, and then Bode ran through the finish line just in time to claim his victory (he's the only one who can walk). Kinnley adopted the Tortoise and the Hare philosophy, where she was the tortoise, only she didn't win the race. Instead she decided to mosey her way over making sure to wave and say "Hi" to everyone she passed by. At least she crossed the finish line unlike her last attempt. And Sophie, well, she ended up being more of an observer. My brother Steve was kind enough to be the photographer of the evening making sure to catch many highlights as you can see.
The Cake (with fruit pizzas in background)
 Taking a few bites

 Victory!

 Cruisin'

Opening her gifts (this one is from Aunty Cherum)

 Kinnley's bffs (and future prospects?)



No comments:

Post a Comment